Go Green with Organic Floors
With the constant threat to the environment hovering over our lives, more people gravitate towards eco-conscious decisions in various aspects. If you’re in the process of renovating your home, you should consider installing organic floors. Apart from the decision being easy on the environment, it has attractive features that contribute to the overall appearance of your property. Mafi is a company with a rich history in sourcing sustainable materials to create beautiful, eye-catching flooring solutions. Mafi floors are 100% natural for a biophilic design approach.
Reasons for Organic Wood Flooring
Modern developments have made it possible for more eco-friendly products to enter the market for homeowners. There are several methods of upgrading your home without negatively impacting the earth. Opting for sustainable materials that come from renewable sources is a trend with an upward trajectory.
- There are many toxins in furniture and other materials such as carpets and vinyl. We refer to these gases as volatile organic compounds or VOCs which certain products release into the atmosphere, especially when they’re ageing. Exposing yourself and others with pre-existing allergies and respiratory conditions to these compounds could aggravate the issue or create new health problems.
- The cost of flooring is directly linked to the use of materials. If you find products that contain rare raw materials, the price is usually exorbitant. However, the more natural your flooring is, the more affordable it is to acquire. Furthermore, since organic wood comes from sustainable farms, there is no danger of affecting the earth by diminishing its raw materials.
- When you install organic flooring in your home, you don’t have to concern yourself with maintenance too much. Natural wood responds better to eco-friendly products such as our oil soap that is free from chemicals and antibacterial as opposed to modern floor cleaning products which contain harsh chemicals that slowly erode your floors.
Tips to Maintain Organic Timber Floors
Wooden floors are incredibly durable and can withstand a high volume of foot traffic. However, if you use the incorrect cleaners on the surface, you risk damaging the floor and removing its aesthetic value. For this reason, you should consider these points to increase the longevity of organic timber floors.
- It’s advisable to use two buckets when cleaning your wooden floor. The first one should contain the soap solution while the second holds clean water. Use the clean water to rinse the mop and change the water if it becomes too dirty. This method prevents you from transferring remnants of dirt from the mop on the floor.
- There is a common misconception that microfibre mops are the best for cleaning wooden floors. They’re mildly abrasive and slowly wear down the oil finish of your organic flooring. Instead, opt for a cotton mop that won’t affect the surface but remove the dirt.
- Our oil soap will clean and protect oil finished surfaces from dirt, stains and the usual wear and tear. As a result, the floor becomes resistant to dirt and wear, which increases its longevity.
Why You Should Choose Mafi
Our reputation as the leader of wooden flooring precedes us in our nine years in Australia and decades of history around the world. We’re committed to providing high-quality products from sustainable sources that help create a healthy and beautiful finish for your home.
Contact us if you want to make the switch to an environmentally-friendly floor.